Monday, January 21, 2013

Leaky Pipes and Meat Towers

As it turns out, I will be a dentist one day, after all!


Now I just have to pass WREB, which is a clinical exam where my ability to do a root canal, filling, and cleaning is evaluated.  Yet another hoop to jump through.  As if I haven't already been through enough TORTURE.

In other news...  I found out that a seemingly small hole in your plumbing can do some serious damage. I also found out that expensive new homes are often ghetto-rigged.


Instead of using a 90 degree attachment piece that costs approximately fifty cents, they simply bent this pipe to make it fit.  Over time, the stress in the bent area caused it to break down, forming a hole, springing a leak, and flooding a bedroom and closet.


Molly wasn't too concerned about it.


Spent Sunday drowning in mimosas at a new brunch spot.  $1 mimosas and lots of meaty breakfasts.  Count me in.  CARNIVORES UNITE.

My breakfast was a mountain of hash browns, chop steak, sausage, and pepper gravy.  There are few things I love more in life than a tower of meats.


The weekend ended with Jekyll & Hyde, the musical.  Jason says, "It was like a bad ride at Disneyland."  The lead guy was from American Idol (apparently he made it pretty far to the end?), but I like to think I sound better than him singing in the shower.

My favorite part was when the odd gentleman who sat beside me offered me a piece of his chocolate bar.  Maybe I was staring at it a little too hard.

Needless to say, SPARE YOURSELF the $50, 3 hours, and pain & anguish and don't see this musical.  I left feeling on the brink of seizure from the over-done special effects, and with a migraine from suffering through the poor vocals.  And a bit sad because I didn't take that guy's chocolate bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment